Facebook is a topic that has been nearly beaten to death at industry events. It seems every dealer not living under a rock has a Facebook page, but few are taking the actions necessary to build their Facebook EdgeRank to a point where messages the dealer posts are able to get through to a critical mass of users.
EdgeRank is an important Facebook search algorithm for dealers to understand because if it isn’t optimized, most of your fans will never see your posts. Without building your content strategy with EdgeRank in mind, your Facebook page could look like a tumbleweed-filled ghost town.
Here are several tips you can leverage to build and maintain a stronger EdgeRank:
• If you haven’t already been automatically converted to it, adopt the new Facebook Timeline and fill out your dealership timeline using photos of your store and vehicles that have been sold there. For example, if your store has a lot of history, you could share photos of classic cars dated to when they were released or historical photos of your store.
• On the topic of engaging fans who visit your page, learn how to control the content on your Facebook page and make it more noticeable with recently released features such as cover photos, starred posts, pinned posts and changing post dates.
• Keep the text in posts short and keep the language simple.
• Ask questions. A study performed by Buddy Media found that questions starting with “where,” “when,” “would” and “should” generated more engagement. Fill-in-the-blank style questions also work well.
• When you want to share a link, try sharing a photo instead with the text and link as the caption to a photo. The photo will catch more eyeballs and generate more engagement than just text and a link.
•Along the same lines, make it a point to share photo and video content on a regular basis.
to read more tips by Alex Schoeneberger, Marketing Manager at . Reach out to Alex via the or by calling 1–800-BLUE-BOOK.