With more shoppers turning to the Internet to purchase, there is no better time than now for automotive dealers to dedicate more time, attention and resources to optimizing the performance of your website. It is important for dealerships to realize that to your website will not improve your dealership’s Internet business if you don’t do anything to keep online shoppers on your Website after they arrive.
Here are five ways to increase your website conversion:
1. Eliminate the “Submit” button: Change the text of your button to a more shopping centric word that entices the shopper to take the next step. “Submit,” sounds like a forced response. Instead, use phrases like, “Get Started” or “Proceed to Next Step.” Online shoppers are in the buying state of mind so much so, that a lot of retailers are now using “Proceed to Checkout,” to mimic offline shopping in stores.
2. Make the address on your website clickable: This might sound strange, but hundreds of heatmaps of shoppers using dealership websites reveal a shocking amount of people trying to click on the address. Shoppers highlight, copy and paste the address into a separate mapping program. Link your address to driving directions and make it accessible from every page of your website.
3. Use live chat to instantly increase your website lead count: Implementing live chat on your website is one of the fastest and most effective way to double your lead volume. Live chat converts between one and three percent of your shoppers into a live chat conversation. Choosing a trusted automotive live chat vendor like will turn those conversations into leads who walk into your dealership.
4. Test a page: To test a page on your website to help find out what you need to increase your conversion, use Google’s Website optimizer program. Other programs exist that do this type of testing, but it’s hard to beat Google’s free and easy-to-use-system.
5. Turn your “thank you” page into a connection page: Have a cool, “thank you” page with links to your blog and social media points instead of just returning them to your homepage after a form has been filled out. It’s much easier to connect with shoppers on Facebook or Twitter once they show interest in doing business with your dealership.
These five simple steps can improve your website’s conversion in no time!
Ketty Colom is a Social Media Specialist at and can be reached at [email protected] or by calling 1–800-441‑7779.