By Shawn Clos
It is very easy to get caught up in the day-to-day task and never look past what you have on your “to do” list TODAY.
Taking that approach means that you are most likely “reactive” rather than “proactive”. It also means that opportunity is hanging around your dealership like low hanging fruit ripe for the picking. Here are three often overlooked opportunities that will net you more sales, more clients and more profit:
1. The Easiest Client To Sell Is The One You’ve Already Sold
You have a literal Gold Mine waiting to be harvested and resold. What if you mined all of your sold clients from 2009 – knowing that most banks tightened up during that period and leasing was almost non-existent.
Transfer all clients into an Excel database. Then create a “Buy Back” letter explaining that you need their trade due to high market demand and low supply.
2. Market Your Pre-Owned Inventory Uniquely & Effectively
There are huge ways to gain market share without spending a dime and netting huge gross profits. Here are some tips:
- Park a Daily Special at the entrance to your service department with signage saying “Daily Special” or “Managers Special,” etc.
- Do a daily “trade walk”. Mark each windshield “Fresh Trade Available” with work to be performed: tires, brakes, wipers, etc, and the price.
- Insert a scrolling banner on the inventory pages of your website advertising samples from your inventory.
3. Service/Collision Center Clients Also Buy Vehicles
- Appraise every vehicle that rolls through your service department and give them a cash or trade offer for their vehicle.
- Present the appraisal in person, letting the client know you have clients that are looking for vehicles like theirs.
- Do the same in your collision center.
Shawn Clos, president DealerSlice, Inc., can be reached at [email protected]. Read the .