By David Johnson
There is a lot to digital marketing, everything from pay-per-click and automotive SEO to automotive social media, remarketing, video pre-roll, email, and more.
It all boils down to perfecting the core of digital marketing. From that core you can then spread out and implement others; but if you lack the foundation, then your whole digital house will come tumbling down around you. Check out the “Core 4”:
Core #1 – Search Engine Optimization
- SEO helps to create demand and goes straight to the bottom line.
- Think differently of SEO, not just as a way to drive traffic to your inventory but as a way to set yourself apart from the other dealerships in the area.
Core #2 – Pay-Per-Click
- Don’t settle for your pay-per-click ads going directly to the front page of your website or even to the front of the inventory section of your website.If somebody sees an ad for a 2012 Ford Explorer you better make sure that it links to a page about a 2012 Ford Explorer.
Core # 3 – Email Marketing
- Email newsletters are a great way to stay in front of people, if done the right way – and by right way I’m talking about the creation of value, then an email newsletter is a great way to influence loyalty and direct sales, especially in the service department.
Core # 4 – Social Media
- By becoming synonymous with a social cause, a passion or a lifestyle you will inherently become part of that conversation, which goes a long way to creating the same feelings for your dealership that people have for that social object.
Bottom line: Reputation matters. The “Core 4” is a way to not only drive direct traffic but drive demand – for doing business at your dealership over all the others.
David Johnson is president of Persuasive Concepts. Read the .