By Shawn Clos
A few years ago, I had a conversation with a dealer whose dealership has been around since the 1920’s. He said, what troubles me most is “Our customers just are not as loyal as they used to be. How can we make them loyal again?”
But in this case, the problem wasn’t with clients being un-loyal – it was the dealership not having loyal employees because their turnover was so great, which will always lead to un-loyal clients. This is a major issue within our industry and, without corrective action, will continue to be an issue, and loyalty will be none existent all the way around.
Take time to read these questions and answer them honestly. This is the first step to all around loyalty within your dealership:
- What are you doing to overcome sales staff turnover?
- How many sales staff members have been with you over five years?
- Do you have a solid training process in your store that involves roleplay and one-on-one coaching?
- Are you doing exit interviews with exiting staff?
- What are the training solutions for your managers? Are they good coaches?
- Are you relying on virtual training as your only training solution?
- What sort of team building exercises do you do? Do you have employee appreciation events?
- Does the sales staff’s pay-plan match their performance? Do you reward your top contributors?
Not having loyal employees or customer base is a problem that is easily solved with the right solutions. Shawn Clos, president DealerSlice, Inc., can be reached at [email protected]. Read the full article here.