While process is king when it comes to the benefits of your dealership’s CRM, marketing is still a big piece of the pie. Every email sent, voicemail left, and phone call connected can be viewed as a marketing impression. Hopefully these one-to-one encounters leave a big impression on your customer.
Dealer.com believes that a good CRM will include a history of the communications your dealership has made with a customer, and a really good CRM will also archive the marketing materials you’ve sent directly to each individual customer from within the system.
If your CRM does have the ability to send an email broadcast, you’ll want to consider:
• How do you build the email?
• Does it give you some sort of spam score or a “likelihood of deliverability” score?
• How deep can you target? Make, Model, Service R.O. closed within X time period, etc.
• Can you exclude customers who already received an email within the last X days?
• Do you know if emails were actually delivered?
Targeted marketing is the key to a successful email blast, so you want to be sure you have that capability within your CRM. Usually, it’s a simple drill-down that’s done through an advanced search feature. A few CRMs try to automate this for you – which is great, if it works – but you’ll want to pay more attention to your own ability to create a drill-down list of customers during your demo.
There’s really no way to tell if the automatic list creation features shown in a demo will work for you until you’ve got your own database plugged into the system.
If your CRM has the ability to export a list of customers, you’ll want to consider:
• How do you create the export list?
• Will the CRM show that a particular customer was included in a list export within the customer’s history?
• Can you title or create a description for the list so you can remember it when you refer back to the customer’s history?
• Can you limit who is able to do an export to prevent theft of your database?
When it comes to automotive digital marketing solutions, is the leader. You’ll want to drill down into Chapter 3 of the to get the full scoop.