by Kathi Kruse
Let’s face it: Social Media marketing is hard. Lots of auto dealers and other businesses invest time and energy in platforms to get likes and followers and they aren’t really being social at all. Many dealers find success in Social marketing elusive. It doesn’t have to be if you get the right information from a trusted resource and you follow these steps for beginners.
These 6 elements are your best roadmap and they’re useful to design campaigns on other platforms as well:
1. Clear Objectives. Set realistic goals. It isn’t enough to say you “see” results. Measurement is about more than just results. It must tie back to your objectives. You’ll never know your ROI without first setting objectives.
2. Great Design. Visual content has a lasting effect on us humans. Whether it’s your status updates, your landing pages or your Facebook ads, what the audience sees is what they’ll remember. Make sure it’s compelling and gets the point across.
3. Solid Content Strategy. How do you know what you’re going to post on your page? You must first sit down, get quiet, and do what I call a “Brand Discovery”. What is it about your store that makes you unique…makes people want to buy from you? Answer that question in detail. Then, describe your customer: what are their interests, what problems can you solve, how can you help them buy? Quality information that’s relevant to your audience is how you build a Facebook community.
4. Promotion Strategy. You need to continually grow your fan base. The best way I’ve found is using Facebook Ads. A small budget with carefully-selected photos and ad copy will drive likes to your page.
5. Engagement Strategy. You need a plan on how you’ll engage your fans and build those relationships. Designate one person internally to listen, respond, ask questions and engage with your audience.
6. Conversion Strategy. Once you’re growing fans and engaging them, you need a strategy on how to convert them into customers. This more advanced form of Facebook marketing utilizes Facebook ads and marketing landing pages. Done right, it generates leads. However, most dealerships need advice and support. Find the right person to advise you and train your people so you get where you want to go faster, more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Kathi Kruse is an Automotive Social Media Marketing Expert, Blogger, Author, Speaker and Founder of .