CEI Group has implemented enhancements to its fleet accident salvage recovery technology that speed the process and assists clients in getting the best price for their total-damage vehicles. Enhancements include a new page in CEI’s ClaimsLink 360 internal application that converts all data relevant to salvage claims to digital files and makes it readily accessible to CEI’s loss recovery specialists.
Other enhancements to the technology are:
- Automated notice from CEI’s fleet operations department to the salvage team as soon as a fleet declares a vehicle damaged in a collision a total loss.
- A display of up to three estimates of the vehicle’s wholesale or retail value from national salvage price data bases, to evaluate buyer bids.
- The ability to send emails to an unlimited number of salvage buyers requesting bids.
- A display of all bids received.
- An unlimited display of all actions taken in the salvage process for every salvage claim.
Chris Villella, CEI’s senior manager of loss recovery and insurance services, says that by speeding up the salvage process, the enhancements also help to shorten the average time it takes his department to complete the recovery of funds from third-party drivers responsible for accidents with CEI fleet clients.