Here is a distillation of what the AIN Media team derived from the press reports over the weekend–
Impala Makes Chevrolet Dealers Look to 2014 Sales Block Buster
Why Does Consumer Reports Rave Review Matter?
- This Impala redesign demonstrates that GM is serious about producing competitive products in every segment.
- 2014 Redesign shows that GM has been able to overcome the Impala’s reputation as a value-priced fleet vehicle.
- GM has transformed an uncompetitive and outdated rental car into a modern vehicle.
- Engineers report that the Impala rides like a luxury sedan, with agile handling, capable acceleration, and excellent braking [Says Consumer Reports].
- Many of the raving reviewers gave the Impala a rating comparable to a high-end luxury sedan such as the Audi A6 and Lexus LS460.
- The car’s performance is indicates an emerging domestic renaissance for GM.
- Some of the “ooglers” from the press gave the Impala some trashing for uncomfortable seats, chassis, and torque sheer for a V-6 model.
What’s ahead for GM and it Chevrolet Dealers?
- Forbes says — “The cavalcade of launches will transform the GM lineup from one of the oldest in the industry to one of the newest.”