New technology and marketing service providers are bringing more options to dealer service departments. Tim Bowles of Minacs Marketing Solutions looked at the available data and how it fits into predictive modeling for smart ROI.
Customer lifecycle communications is now possible based on the individual customer’s needs, and it’s making service marketing plans more targeted to individuals. Frequency, format, tone and offers vary depending on what the available data dictates.
Data sources used include:
• Vehicle information: purchase type, model, model year, engine, recall if applicable, and real time mileage.
• Owner history: past services performed, appointment scheduling, geographic driving conditions, roadside assistance usage, telematics usage, and survey results.
• Demographic and psychographic data: age, gender, interests, and buying patterns.
Predictive modeling for service departments on marketing spend can be enhanced looking at the potential of data. There’s four things to look at for setting up an automated platform that makes it easy for dealers to “set it and forget it” dealing with customized campaigns for individual customers.
1. Determine format based on a combination of customers preference and tested formats.
2. Frequency is based on where the customer is in the ownership lifecycle including vehicle ownership type, mileage, time, and scheduled milestones.
3. Shape your messaging and communication style based on customer preference, history, behaviors, demographics, and other factors.
4. When the customers opens your email message, a cookie can be placed on their computer with the corresponding display ad.
When the data is combined and analyzed, it can lead to communications unique to each customer and a great opportunity to establish a one-to-one relationship.