Automotive advertisers on the Super Bowl were quite pleased with their results overall. Chevy, Chrysler, Jaguar and Maserati all claimed success for their spots.
Automotive advertisers used a variety of metrics, including “customer engagement,” but it seems the real payoffs were due to adept use of social media.
- Maserati ran its first U.S. TV commercial ever during game
- Maserati searches jumped 208%, says AutoTrader
- With 1,460% jump for F-Type sports car in Super Bowl ad with Ben Kingsley
- Meanwhile, Jaguar released its spot ahead of the game
- Jaguar says spot generated 7.5M views on YouTube during five days before the game
- Mentions of Jaguar on social media rose 12-fold on the day of the game
- Chrysler ad w/ Bob Dylan saw 47% boost in searches, says AutoTrader
- But Chrysler ad also shows potential pitfalls of late-in-game ads
- Because many viewers had already tuned out from the blowout game
- 30-second spots said to cost over $3M each