The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has certified the 2014 Ram 1500 diesel at 28 miles per gallon on the highway, the best rating ever achieved by a full-size, half-ton pickup.
With the highway mileage and a 20 mpg city rating, the EPA certified the pickup with a combined rating of 23 mpg.
Drill Down Details:
- The Ram 1500 EcoDiesel gets 6 mpg better fuel economy than the best F150 EcoBoost
- For the 2014 model-year, the pickup’s fuel economy tops its segment competitors and the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier, which are both midsize pickup trucks.
- The vehicle features the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine delivers peak torque of 420 lb.-ft, a differentiator for Chrysler in the highly-competitive U.S. pickup truck market.
- Ordering for EcoDiesel models begins Feb. 7, according to Chrysler.
- Pricing for the Ra 1500 starts at $24,200, plus $1,195 destination.
- The 2014 Ram 1500 is built at the Warren Truck Assembly Plant, which has assembled more than 12.5 million trucks since it started operations in 1938