Recently, CARFAX® launched . As CARFAX continues to optimize the site for consumers and dealers alike, the company wanted to share some findings to help dealers increase leads on their websites:
1) Use multiple contact methods. Everyone has a preferred way to contact a dealership. Make it easy for shoppers to call, email or submit a lead form. However keep in mind that approximately two-thirds of all car buyers do not contact the dealership prior to their first visit.*
2) Have a clear call to action. Avoid being fancy or cutesy. Simple call to actions like “Inquire Now” or “Check Availability” work.
3) Vivid photos and description. For the 2/3 of shoppers who aren’t contacting you, you must sell the car online and eliminate any doubt. Use vehicle history to tell the car’s story. Be descriptive and include several photos to support it.
4) Price competitively. Having a vehicle priced too high or even too low can raise eyebrows. Keep in mind the vehicle history when pricing. And always include a price in your listing.
5) Offer a free CARFAX Report. According to a recent Dataium study, sites that offered a CARFAX Report saw five times more leads than sites without a CARFAX Report.
*2013 Automotive Buyer Influence Study.